Alta Vista - Middle College Program
In collaboration with Santa Barbara City College (SBCC), the Middle College program offers students an opportunity to complete their high school graduation requirements through a combination of SBCC dual enrollment courses and SBUSD independent study courses.
The mission of Middle College is to develop globally competent, critical thinkers who appreciate that their learning is not finite. The program integrates a rigorous independent study curriculum based on current events that is reviewed and evaluated during weekly student-teacher meetings. The independent study curriculum is aligned with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) English Language Arts (ELA) standards. The weekly meetings result in a positive one-on-one relationship between student and teacher. And the student benefits of this positive one-on-one relationships include academic and personal guidance and support.
Enrollment for Fall 2021 - Middle College Program
We are currently enrolling new students for Fall 2021. If you are interested in enrolling, or getting more information about the Middle College Program, please review the "Steps to Enrollment" below.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Watch the Middle College Information Night Video (Link) or Review the Presentation Slides (English / Spanish)
- password: !9J0jkB3
- Complete the MC Student Data Sheet (English / Spanish) prior to your meeting
- Schedule a 1:1 meeting by emailing Regina Freking at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend your 1:1 meeting with a parent/guardian
Documents needed for 1:1 Meeting:
- Your unofficial high school transcript
- Completed MC Student Questionnaire (link to document)
- List of SBCC classes that interest you
- Your 504 plan / IEP (if this applies to you)
If you have any questions, or need assistance scheduling your appointment, please contact Regina Freking at email@example.com