Any full-time student, age 14 or older may be eligible to obtain a Work Permit.
After you have obtained paid employment, you must complete this Work Permit Application
Once your application is completed, and signed by your legal parent/guardian and employer, you can submit your application to us for approval.
You have 2 options for Application processing:
1. You may drop off your completed application to the La Cuesta HS office.
If you would like to drop off your application at LCHS there is a designated metal drop box in the front office (located to the right when you walk through the double doors in the waiting area).
2. You may mail in your application(710 Santa Barbara St.).
If you mail in your application please put attention to: Work Permit Application: Carmelita Cuellar.
Tips to getting your application approved:
- Please make sure that the application is legible and has all of the required signatures in blue or black ink
- The application needs to be signed in wet signatures (no electronic signatures will be accepted).
- We cannot process applications unless we have the ‘original’ document.
- It is the student's responsibility to give the work permit application to the employer.
Students can pick up Work Permit applications on Wednesday or Friday from 9:00-3:00 pm. Please allow a one week turnaround time.